How can I detect what theme a WordPress website is using?
How can I detect what theme a WordPress website is using? In lots of cases, you can also just view the source code — don’t have to be a developer to do this, it’s easy! WordPress is an online, open source website creation tool written in PHP. But in non-geek speak, it’s probably the easiest and most powerful blogging and website content management system (or CMS) in existence today. Good company if you use WordPress to publish on the web. Many famous blogs, news outlets, music sites, Fortune 500 companies, and celebrities are using WordPress.
If you’re ever curious about who uses WordPress, head on over to the WordPress site showcase and you’ll be impressed by the number of well-known sites and famous people using WordPress to power their websites.
Here are the steps:
- Go to the page you want to see the theme for
- Right click on the page and select “Inspect”
- Open the ‘find’ box (on a Mac hit [command][f])
- type in style.css
- Double click the highlighted section, there should be a URL in there
- Open the URL in a different window
- A page of text should appear, with the theme indicated towards the top.