How can I successfully upload bulk product images in Magento?
How can I successfully upload bulk product images in Magento? I recommend the Magmi import system to those who have a large number of products and don’t want to spend their precious time on uploading their products one by one in the admin panel. With Magmi as well as after creating and filling in the import file, this task can be done very fast and easily.
What is Magmi?
stands for “Magento Mass Importer”, which is an open source code system with which you can import data to Magento based online stores.
Later I am going to describe in detail how you can import with it.
The development of this system was largely carried out by Sebastien Bracquemont (dwarves), and later some other developers took part in the project as well.
Pros of Magmi:
- Simple to install and configure
- It’s fast (thousands of products can be imported at a time within a couple of minutes)
- All 6 product types can be imported with it
- It can be automated (you can create import functions running automatically)
Cons of Magmi:
- It is a little complicated to create the import files, maximum accuracy is needed so that every single data is imported properly
- Since it is of open source code, there are some minor errors, i.e. some extensions do not operate seamlessly
- Observers do not run when products are saved, since it works with direct SQL
- It is one more admin panel you’ll need to learn how to use
Feel free to check out our guide of Magento – Magmi importer here:Share