In this article, KulfiSoftware will provide you how can one Import .CSV file to excel with the simplest steps. Import .CSV file can prove very helpful for you. So, here are the steps you can follow and import .CSV file into excel. CSV file is best viewed through a spreadsheet program such as Microsoft Excel. What is CSV text file- It stores tabular data (numbers and text) in plain text. Each line of the file is a data record. Each record consists of one or more fields, separated by commas. The use of the comma as a field separator is the source of the name for this file format. CSV file format is not standardized.
Import .CSV file to Excel
1. Download your .CSV file. You can download sample CSV files such as Calendar Events, Family Relationships, Groups, Half-Hourly Parent Teacher Conference Events, etc. By Clicking Here.
2. Start MS Excel with a blank document.
3. In the menu select ‘Data’ on the ribbon and then select ‘from text’ option.
4. After selecting ‘from text’ option browse for a yours.CSV file and click Import. A dialog box will appear in that, assure that delimited option is selected. Hit next.
5. In the subsection select ‘comma’.
6. Assure every column as ‘Text’. The primary column only will initially be highlighted. Migrate the parallel cursor as far away as it will go to the right; then, dragging the shift key down, click the very end column heading. You should instantly have every column highlighted. Click the ‘Text’ data format. It will now say ‘Text’ in the header of every column. Click Finish.
7. It will ask to keep your data. You can select your desired cell and click OK.
8. The data will appear on the cell you selected.