It is fairly simple, I do these as a service.
- For a standard migration with no URL changes:
- Install the “duplicator” plugin
- make the backup and exclude the cache storage folders
- create a database on the new account
- upload the duplicator package and install file
- Fill out details including database info
- once it is done installing, it has a todo list but resave your permalinks, remove the duplicator files and check the site to make sure everything functions.
- Point your Domains DNS over to the new server
- clean out old server